- Chess computer Centaur is a beautiful chess board that adjusts to your level of play
- Impressive looking weighted pieces and on board lighted display within the squares themselves
- Engage you in a fully contained, highly-tactical chess play experience
- Whether you’re a beginner, strong player, home or club player, Centaur will adjust to your level as you play
- Board Size: 17.5 x 15.8″ (444.5 x 400.5mm) Square Size: 1.9″ (48 x 48mm) King Height: 3 3/8” (86mm)
Adaptive level chess computer Centaur is a beautiful chess board that adjusts to your level of play – a suitable playing partner at all times!
There’s no need for computer screens or tablets. Just start playing chess naturally with intelligent auto-sensing technology. Impressive looking weighted pieces and on board lighted display within the squares themselves engage you in a fully contained, highly-tactical chess play experience that you will enjoy for hours upon hours.
The e-Paper display has nice smooth contrast which is not only easy on the eyes, it lets you view the screen at any angle and in any lighting. On this display you can see previous moves in a move-list, view hints, the score, clock, and various settings.
Many other chess computers are designed to play at top strength, thereby failing to provide an optimal realistic experience at lower levels. That’s where the Centaur is specifically made to excel. Whether you’re a beginner, strong player, home or club player, Centaur will adjust to your level as you play. This means you’ll always see a challenging game that is both educational and fun!
- adapts to your strength
- sensor board detects moves
- on-square LED lights indicates the moves
- rechargeable internal battery
- weighted chess pieces (compatible with other DGT pieces)
- e-Paper display of position, moves and info hint system, position setup, and more many languages
- 2 Year DGT Warranty included
Centaur is not advertised as compatible with computers or online chess portals however technical experts in forums have some exciting developments in ways to connect the Centaur further . The computer engine is based on Stockfish.
No advanced chess computer knowledge is required. Just use the Centaur to play, learn, train, analyze and improve
|Package Dimensions||18.5 x 16 x 2.3 inches|
|Item Weight||6.61 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||4.72 pounds|
|Manufacturer recommended age||3 years and up|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|