Mobius Chess™ is a variant of Chess using a mobius strip as a board. You play on a transdimensional battlefield that adds whole new levels of strategy to the game. Players are no longer safe from behind as there is no front or back to the strip, and an opponent can loop around to meet your army from the opposite side! The real fun takes place in the Crossroads where there is no forwards and backwards and your pieces no longer have the same restrictions to their moves!
Mobius Strip? We’ve all created Mobius strips in our youth by taking a paper strip, giving it a half-twist, and then joining the ends of the strip to form a loop. By doing this we create an object with only one side from a two-sided object. Mobius Chess™ is chess played with 4 players on an infinitely looping surface. If you would like to know more about mobius strips, click here:
What does that mean?
- The rules are like Chess, with the following exceptions:
- No piece, with the exception of Knights, may pass over the red and pink squares (the crossroads) without stopping.
- Inside of the crossroads there is no forward or backwards! In this area Pawns work like Kings, and Bishops and Rooks work like Queens!
- You can still promote a pawn if it reaches the court row of an opposing player.
- The player who chose Blue will go first, and play proceeds clockwise.
- Pawns must move away from their court row, and may be queened if they reach an opposing court row.
- The board loops around from start point to start point as shown in the yellow line on the board. You now have multiple fronts!
What do I get?
- 1x The Mobius Chess™ board.
- 1x The full set of rules.
- 4x Full set of Mobius Chess™ pieces. (96 pieces, four colors)
Note: This game contains laser cut components. Laser cut items will have a slight amount of soot around the edges, which can easily be wiped off, and will have a campfire smell for about a week after you open them.